Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Future of Dance

I was just having lunch with my coworkers and we were discussing my wife's dancing as they've seen her on the viral Lyrical Dancing Videos on my Youtube page.  What you don't know about Michele is that she is the BEST 90's dancer out there.  I challeneged this until I saw her break it down "boom-kat" styles on Dance Dance Revolution.  A Microsoft Kinnect game where you match the choreography on the screen.  Watching Michele go through the game it looked like she knew the next move before it came on!  She is awesome.  By the way, she challenges anyone to any 90's song in that game.  She said please come at her. 

Personally, I take dancing seriously.  Hey, growing up a fat asian guy in Montgomery County Maryland, my only game to woo the ladies was my sick ability to move to music.  Dancing is my thing.  But I keep my dance repitoire updated

Moonwalk-check.  Harlem Shake-Check.  Dougie-Check.  Salsa-Check.  Line Dancing-Check.  Lyrical Dancing-Check.  Crumping-Check.  Cat Daddy-Check.  Any and all styles, I will try, learn, and love.  Dancing is the way my soul sings.

How will this affect me in the future?  When I have kids, I'm going to know the hottest dance moves and do it better than my kids!  Hands down.  Then I will be asked to chaperone the dances and then what?  Embarrass my children as I build a crowd around me in the punch bowl corner and lonely teachers oogling over my awesome groove-ability.  I hear some kid yelling go lower Mr. Rak!  And I do.  Sorry kids...that is your future.  I hope stretchy pants are cool in the future.

No comments:

Blog Archive