Monday, July 11, 2011

Getting back in the Gym today...and then I digress...


After a crazy weekend that involved A National's Baseball game, the awesomest Pool Party hosted by my friends Bill and Steph, and great food with my family guest starring Ming Nan and Rithy in the AM and my friends Edgar and Kat in the PM, I am feenin' for the gym!

But Gym Etiquette is nuts. People! Wipe the damn machines down! I do for you! Oh! And what is with those stupid "Feet" Looking Shoes? Then it got me to thinking about feet and shoes in general and my mind wanders.....

In terms of the racial norms, white people love to walk around barefoot. You do. Don't lie. And I am like damn, that is so different from Asians. We walk with shoes on outside of the house and then take them off when we go inside. White people will walk with no shoes on outside, but leave their shoes on when they go inside! Then Asians are left with the dilemma of when they invite over white people, they get the dreaded question, "Should I take off my shoes?"

I'm thinking, I don't want your shoes on my carpet, but your feet might be gross too walking around outside, hiking, or horseback riding (I dunno what white people do?)...ohhh...the catch 22. So when I get invited to a white person's house, I'm wearing dirty shoes...there's your dilemma back in your face Caucasians! What would you rather have? Dirty shoes or dirty feet on your carpets?  The war continues...

2 comments:

chhayrithy said...

Very funny and very true.

Joanna said...

Ha, ha! I agree. BTW those shoes you posted are suppose to be super nice on the feet.

Blog Archive