Monday, September 26, 2011

Social Media!



So I posted on my Blogger and linked it to my Google+ asking if anyone wanted to Hangout to talk about a Facebook post on why there's no longer MySpace because a coworker on LinkedIn showed me on their YouTube Channel how to create an About.me page.

Ok, WTF?  I also chat on AOL IM which is linked to my GCHAT which is linked to my GoogleTALK which syncs to my phone.  I'd Tweet this, but I don't know how to within 140 characters and I am more familiar with Hash browns than Hashtags!  

My digital social life is getting pretty nuts.  Is yours?  Are you feeling like you can't keep up with Posts? Tags?  Invites?  Pokes?  Plus 1'ing?  Friend-ing?  Following?  Circle-ing? If you are, suck it up.  There's no way to avoid being connected these days.  But how do you separate your personas?  If you are the same person around your family, your coworkers, and your friends,  good for you.  But not me.  I have different levels of comfortableness with each group.  This leads me to think about how to categorize people in my networks.

So in typical Rakafella Style, that for me means how much skin I show when I'm drinking around each group.  For Example:  Co workers see little to no skin.  Maybe a "buttoned-up shirt peek through."  Fellas, you know what this is, it's the part near the boobies where you see an opening?  Well for me, since I don't wear an undershirt all the time, that's all they would get.  Family, tops they would get is a "raised t-shirt over the belly."  It's the amount of skin you see when a t-shirt is too short.  It peeks out during napping and reaching for glasses in the cupboard.  Then there's friends.  That's no holds barred.  Depending on the alcohol, it could be NC-17.  But that's what my friends sign up for!  Actually, they probably don't.  Sorry guys...  What I'm trying to say is that I have too many friends, am way too popular, and show too much skin.  If you don't like it, Negative 1 me, Un Circle me, Defriend Me, or unhash this tweet.  You can get linked in to My Space down here.  Peace.  
 
p.s.  Please Share this post.  DOH.


No comments:

Blog Archive